Objectives of the AERC
- To provide a specialised source of information for Indigenous communities and individuals, professional and government groups, academics and students.
- To provide a database for research and consulting activities (specifically to provide a web-accessible database on Housing, Architecture and Community Planning for Australian Indigenous community groups and their agents).
- To carry out research with Australian Indigenous people that relates to person-environment relations.
- To provide professional and practical assistance to Indigenous groups, to help them change or resist change of their environment, with the ultimate aim being to attain a self-determined quality of living.
- To attract postgraduate students into the AERC and maintain a productive culture of research amongst this specialist group of scholars.
[Please refer to a short document prepared in 2004 by Prof Paul Memmott, Director of the AERC, and evaluating the Centre's outputs over the past 5 years of its operation.]